Thursday, September 16, 2010

Planting a Hebe

In Week 7 Orange group and Yellow group planted hebe and daisy plants in the ESOL garden. First we pushed the bark back until we could see the weed mat. Then we cut the weed mat in a cross with scissors. Under the weed mat there was dirt so we dug a hole in the dirt with the metal trowel and we put the dirt in the bucket. Then we took the hebe from the pot and spread out the roots and we put the hebe carefully in the hole. Last of all we put soft soil into the hole and pressed it down hard. Next we folded the weed mat on top of the dirt. Then we put the bark over the weed mat. I enjoyed planting because it was interesting and my Mum likes gardening too. Next time my Mum is gardening I will help my Mum. The hebe's colour is my second favourite colour so I like hebes. I want to do planting again because it is fun to do gardening work.

No comments:

Post a Comment