Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Visit to Mairehau First Learners Preschool

Today the Senior and Middle School ESOL students visited Mairehau First Learners preschool. We went there to practice our oral language skills by teaching the young children how to make origami cups.

Here are some of our comments about the trip ...

Ji Won "I enjoyed playing with the children because I made new friends, knowing each others name, age and something they liked. The children did not know how to an origami cup. We helped them."







Yusuke "I thought it was hard to ride the little bikes."






Stephanie "I learnt about speaking louder and using a verb at the start of the sentence."






Natsuko "I had to use a big loud voice. I had to help the children."






So Won "I read a story about pirates and they found some treasure."






Samuel "Playing on the playground with the little kids was fun because I made new friends."






Ryan "Helping the little kids was good because I could teach people. I had to talk loud and help them."

1 comment:

  1. It was great having a conversation with your teachers Ryan after this visit. They said you were very mature and did a fabulous session with your group. I am sure the children you were working with will remember your visit. They may be able to teach others the origami you taught them. Keep up the super learning at ESOL. Very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete